Has the new layout rolled out on your Facebook business page yet?
It seems many pages in Australia got the new layout today. You can find out by going to your page on your desktop computer and if the change is available to you, you will see the notification pop up. You have a choice. You can switch now or Facebook will automatically do it for you on Friday13th June. Facebook is obviously not superstitious!
Why not jump in and be one of the first to start taking advantage of the changes. Here are a couple of things that you need to know as a business, about the new layout:
1. Admin Functions: Your admin panel is no longer visible and everything you need to see about your page is clearly visible in a header bar (with 4 tabs) and a summary box on the right hand side. The four tabs give you easy access to insights, activity and page settings as well as your main timeline. The box on the right shows your headline stats and notifications.
2. Timeline is now a single column which is easier to read and offers a consistent look across mobile and desktop.
3. Like Bar: If a user hasn’t liked your page a pesky little ‘like’ bar will hover over the timeline as they scroll down, attempting to entice them. This should help gain more likes over the previous static bar that would get lost at the top of the page. There is also a call to action: ‘Get updates in your timeline’.
4. Important Information: all the important information like contact details, website and description, display prominantly on the left hand side. What is displayed will vary depending on the type of business you have and the selection you made when you created your page. For example a business with a physical location will have an address and opening hours, as opposed to a business that is online, which may just have a descriptor and website. Check to make sure that all your details are current and up to date!
5. Website: In the past Facebook hasn’t displayed your website url unless you were cheeky and put it in the ‘About’ description. It was the only way to hyperlink your website. Now, your website is displayed on the left hand side and is hyperlinked. Thank you Facebook!!
6. Photos: Your photos now display much more prominently in a matrix. This is a nice look, providing your images are up to scratch and do a good job of representing your business.
Surprisingly, many large brands are yet to make the switch! We love it!!
Facebook made the move to “A Streamlined Look For Pages,” to “make it easier for people to find the information they want and help Page admins find the tools they use most.”
Did they get it right?