Do you have a personal LinkedIn profile and wonder how you can use that for increasing sales in your business? Well LinkedIn have taken the logical step and created company profiles on their platform. This is a great way to engage your customers, even if you don’t know them personally. Here are the top 3 reasons to create a company profile on LinkedIn. But first – a couple of quick things to get you started:
– Register your company profile here: LinkedIn Company Profile
– Have 2 – 3 banner adds ready – size 640 x 220 pixels
1. Build your profile to tell your story- the LinkedIn company profile is almost like a mini web page. It gives you the opportunity to tell the story of your business. Make sure that your profile is complete and has all contact information, descriptions and products and services filled out. You can include examples of your work in your profile,which all contributes to telling the story of your business.
2. Show the people behind your business – part of the company profile allows you to show your employees. If you are going to do this, ensure that you have a social media policy in place that maintains the integrity of your business. One interesting dilemmas for business on LinkedIn is that when your staff leave, they can take your customers with them (if they have connected through LinkedIn). This requires careful consideration and a clearly articulated policy. You also might want to support your staff in making sure their own personal profile is complete and showcases their skills, which they bring to your business and customers. (More on this in a future blog!).
3. Encourage customers to recommend your business, services and products. In social media; what others say about you is far more important than what you say about yourself. The LinkedIn company profile allows your customers to recommend your business and also specific products and services. You might want to make a formal request (which can be done through LinkedIn) or include it as part of your post service evaluation or in your email signature. These endorsements show up on your customers profile, promoting your business to all of their connections. In many cases these are more people in the same industry who may be potential customers.
If you’d like to check out a company profile you can have a look at ours: Social Mediology
In future blogs we will look at creating customised pages to target specific demographics, using video to tell your story on LinkedIn, using special offers as promotions and banner adds that promote your business on LinkedIn.
Any questions? Let us know, we’re happy to help!